If you have had a previous experience with a guitar amplifier or even if this is your first time you know it is an important buy. It will decide how you sound if front of a crowd and perhaps even decide the crowd’s impression of you. And so, the guitar amplifier is an important buy, and you must opt for nothing less than the best. I found a top guitar amp after checking some great reviews. If you need help in choosing a good guitar amp, we will guide you.
If this is your first time in buying a guitar amplifier follow the following point:
- The type of music you play: It is common for guitar amps to have two channels, one clean and the other for the over drive. Depending on the kind of music you play, you can choose the one that suits best.
- Tube or Solid State? Though tube is considered a standard and a better option it has cons in terms of cost and maintenance issues. If you are okay with that, then Tube is a good option
- The power of the amplifier can be a big issue. For a live stage performance a power of anything between 3—50 watts is good enough. Investing in an amplifier with bigger power will come along with problems of maintaining as well as accommodating it. A smaller amplifier will obviously fail to deliver.
- Choosing the configuration of the guitar amps is yet another factor. Whether you need an amp that is portable or a stationary one works equally well is. Other common configurations are the head stack where the amp and the speakers are in different chassis. The Combo amps is yet another one, here the amp as well as the speakers are all in the same cabin. Choose the one that suits your needs the best.
- If you need any additional features you must remember that before making the purchase.