When it comes to stocking food, one can get very confused. Be it for just yourself or for the entire family, one can never be too sure about what to stock and what not to stock.
You may have taken enough care to ensure there are no pests or ants in the pantry. You might have even used the services of one of the famous ant control Glasgow companies. However, does this mean the food in your pantry is healthy? It is safe but healthy? Here are the 10 best foods to stock up:
- Fruits –Fruits can always be a great snack at any time of the day. A midnight snack is at times inevitable and a fruit can be just the perfect solution.
- Vegetables – Vegetables that can be eaten raw without cooking like cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, etc can come to your rescue when you want to throw in a plate of salad or just munch on something.
- Crackers – When you want something crunchy and light. There are many varieties to stock up on.
- Nuts – These are a great source of energy and essential nutrients and can be consumed people of all ages at any time of the day.
- Pre-made Food – Many companies sell ready to eat meals that be stocked in your fridge. They come with a short expiry period and need to be stored as instructed. This is a better option than junk food.
- Cheese- Varieties of cheese that can be eaten raw can be a great snack.
- Popcorn – Have some popcorn packets that can either be cooked on the stove or popped into the microwave.
- Juice – Liquids are essential and having a good stock of fresh fruit and vegetable juices can save the day.
- Prepped Meal Boxes – If you cannot spend the time to prepare a meal as and when you want, spend time and make meal boxes. These prepped boxes have everything cut and ready to be cooked and hence will take very little time when you actually want to cook it.
- Broth/ Soup – When you are too tired or sick, opening up a can of soup and heating it all you need for a good meal. Have a few varieties to suit different moods or people if you are to have unexpected guests.